- Hiking activities are inherently dangerous and you as the client, accept these risks and are responsible for your own actions.
- All hiking trips are environment and weather dependant. Should the environment or weather not permit a certain trip, alternative arrangements will be discussed.
- Berg Adventures and or the guide has the right to change the route planned at any given time due to bad weather, dangerous situations arising before or during the planned activity, including the right to cancel the activity if any of the participants are lacking in fitness, experience level required for the activity or does not have the necessary minimum required personal equipment for the activity or should the any participant fall ill, or display unlawful, improper or unsuitable behaviour. In such cases no refunds will be considered.
- Good health is expected of all participants. It is the participant’s responsibility to inform his or her guide of any medical or health-related issues.
- In cases of equipment rentals the borrower/hirer assumes all risk of loss, theft or destruction of any cause whatsoever. All rented gear should be kept in good repair and condition. The borrower/hirer agrees to replace all missing and damaged or broken equipment in its entirety or pay the replacement amount of such equipment. Repairing or only replacing parts of such equipment will not be accepted.
- You will be required to help carry food and communal gear needed for the trip
- Alcohol is strictly not allowed while hiking.
- No Scholars under the age of 12 years will be allowed to partake in hiking activities.
- A Parent/Guardian/Care Giver Consent form needs to be completed and returned for any minor (under 18 years of age) joining the party without a parent present.
Reservations and Payment
- A 50% deposit of the full amount will secure a booking.
- The balance needs to be paid no less than 5 days prior to the commencement date. If the balance is not paid 5 days prior to commencement date, unless prior arrangements have been made, Berg Adventures will, at its own discretion and without notice, regard the booking as cancelled and re-book the vacancy if required.
- For cancellations made 0-7 days prior to the date of arrival, no refunds of the amount are paid.
- For cancellations made 8-14 days prior to the date of arrival, 50% of the amount paid will be refunded.
- For cancellations made 15 days or more prior to the date of arrival, a full refund will be made.
- Costs incurred due to any amendments, cancellations of a trip less than 7 days prior to date of arrival will not be refunded.
- Written instruction is required to cancel a reservation, including bank details. The applicable amount will be refunded within 5 working days.