• All hiking trips are environment and weather dependant. Should the environment or weather not permit a certain trip, alternative arrangements will be discussed.
• Berg Adventures and or the guide has the right to change the route planned at any given time due to bad weather, dangerous situations arising before or during the planned activity, including the right to cancel the activity if any of the participants are lacking in fitness, experience level required for the activity or does not have the necessary minimum required personal equipment for the activity or should the participant(s) fall ill, or display unlawful, improper or unsuitable behaviour. In such cases no refunds will be considered.
• Good health is expected of all participants. It is the participant’s responsibility to inform his or her guide of any medical or health-related issues.
• Alcohol is strictly not allowed while hiking.
• No Scholars under the age of 12 years will be allowed to partake in hiking activities without parental consent.
• A Parent/Guardian/Care Giver Consent form needs to be completed and returned for any minor (under 18 years of age) joining the party without his parents present.
Reservations and Payment
• A 30% deposit of the full amount will secure a booking.
• The balance needs to be paid no less than 5 days prior to the commencement date. If the balance is not paid 5 days prior to commencement date, unless prior arrangements have been made, Berg Adventures will, at its own discretion and without notice, regard the booking as cancelled and re-book the vacancy if required.
• For cancellations made 0-7 days prior to the date of arrival, no refunds of the amount are paid.
• For cancellations made 8-14 days prior to the date of arrival, 50% of the amount paid will be refunded.
• For cancellations made 15 days or more prior to the date of arrival, a full refund will be made.
• Costs incurred due to any amendments cancelations of a trip less than 7 days prior to date of arrival will not be credited.
• Written instruction is required to cancel a reservation, including bank details. The applicable amount will be refunded within 2 working days.
Upon entering a mountain environment, one is exposed to numerous potential dangers, therefore, the Guide who will accompany you during your trip is highly trained and experienced and will ensure the highest levels of safety. However, in the unlikely event of an accident occurring, BERG ADVENTURES, their administrators, their Guides, and their affiliates cannot accept any responsibility.
You must be aware of and accept personal responsibility for these risks before you attempt any hiking activity offered by Berg Adventures.